On Sunday evenings, we have church at 5:00, so we eat dinner after we get home. Last night I was trying to think of what I could make that was quick and easy, because Jared and I were both tired and hungry. I had some mince in the refrigerator and a few cans of beans in the pantry so I decided to make soup. It turned out really yummy!
Mince and Bean Soup
A simple yet delicious soup recipe with Mexican spices
- 250 grams mince
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups prepared beef stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cream cheese
- In a large frying pan, cook the ground beef with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the beans and beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Add spices (adjust amounts to taste).
- Add a splash of lemon juice. Stir in the cream cheese until it is fully incorporated.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve over cooked pasta.
I also threw together a delicious salad with iceberg lettuce, carrots, capsicum, cucumber, tomato, and broccoli. So yummy!